Saturday, August 15, 2009

Crochet Tote


I had to wait to post a picture of it since I made it as a gift for a friend and didn't want to spoil the surprise. I used the Lily's Sugar and Cream yarn and it is also one of their patterns. I still haven't scrapped in a few months. I seem to naturally go through phases for which crafts I want to do and then rotate through them. I have another crochet project that will be a gift that I'm almost done with. Aside from that, I have started making something for myself! I'm knitting a tote and then I'm going to felt it once it is ready. Has anyone else been making and craft projects, scrapbook or otherwise?

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh Stacey! I love that! I really wish I knew how to crochet/knit!! I would make so many things (handbags, scarves)Are you selling these anywhere, like etsy?

Unknown said...

You should give it a shot! There area LOT of YouTube videos. Just search for "how to crochet" or "how to knit". I haven't tried to sell anything on Etsy, this is the only one I've made so far. I'm really glad you like it! Once it was done I stuffed it the scrapbooking supplies. So I'm not sure of the dimensions but it was big enough to fit 12x12 paper.

Jes said...

It is a wonderful bag, Jenni you would love it if you made it. I was the friend who received it as a gift:)

Unknown said...

I'm sooo glad you are enjoying it. It's on my list to make one (or two) for myself as well. ;) I need to get pix of the Sparticus I made and the shawl.

Jenni said...

Thanks Stacey, I will look for the videos...once the boys are in school (they start tomorrow) maybe I will have enough time to try my hand at this!

And Jes, Lucky you!